Y’all, I was majorly side-eyeing everyone that was complaining about adjusting to daylights saving time this weekend… until I woke up an hour late this morning because the sun decided to sleep in. I get it. This does kind of suck. You guys were RIGHT.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! In keeping with one of my new year’s resolution to be more social, I think I hit the nail on the head Saturday. I slept in until 10am, which is pretty late considering my normal is around 7 and then popped over to the city to see some friends.
The weather was amazing and I was thrilled to have any excuse to be outside and barelegged. Had a bit of lunch and walked around SoHo, followed by drinks at a friend’s place in the West Village, and a night cap at Daddy-O. Really was a perfect Saturday.
Re: the bare legs, I’d been dying to have an excuse to this wear dress. This was the perfect outfit for what I knew was going to be a loooooong day.
I spent Sunday doing what I do best, Netflix and Chill. And by chill I mean actually CHILL.
I put a bit of a dent in my Netflix queue–
- I’m still working my way through Mad Men (currently at the end of season 4). I have to watch it in doses… mainly because I don’t want to run out of Jon Hamm’s beautiful, beautiful face anytime soon. And, because Mad Men is slow. Intentionally slow, but slow nonetheless.
- Lightened the load with a little bit of Chip and Joanna on HGTV’s Fixer Upper.
- Fell asleep three times while trying to watch Cruel Intentions… watching in preparation for it coming to TV!!! Details here. I think this might end up being a total fail TBH…
Went to the gym and did this beginners Tracey Anderson method video at home. Note: I have only worked myself up to like 30 minutes of this video. It all seems so easy until you’re profusely sweating in the middle of your living room wondering if your neighbors can hear you breathing heavily and praying for Jesus to spare your life
Did a bit of cooking and recipe research
- Spaghetti squash is trash. Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic. But I just can’t get it to taste at all like anything I would want to eat regularly. I’m going to try Zucchini noodles as an alternative. Anyone have any recipes or suggestions??
- Found this recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary. Can’t wait to try it out. For Whole30, make sure the butter is clarified.
- I’m hoping to pair the sweet potatoes with this pulled pork recipe from Nom Nom Paleo tonight. I’m out of town Wednesday night until Saturday, so I’m hoping I can re-purpose this pork to cover the rest of the weeks lunches and dinners.
- For you Whole30 folks who are a bit burnt out on the same ole same ole, try these Crab Cakes from Healing Gourmet! They are amazing and super easy to make. I would suggest either subbing the 3 tablespoons of coconut flour with almond flour or reducing to 2 tablespoons. Coconut flour is verrrry absorbent.
How was everyone else’s weekend? Any St. Paddy’s plans?